How to Whitelist an email – Instructions
This guide is designed to help you keep emails from being moved to the spam folder and make sure your emails are getting delivered to you!
To help ensure proper delivery of emails to your inbox, you can add senders of legitimate emails to your whitelist, also called the Approved or Safe Sender list.
Click below to view instructions on how to whitelist emails for several popular Internet Service Providers and email companies.
- Click on an email you received from Heidi @ Social Growth Factory
- Click on the 3 vertical dots menu on the top right corner of the email
- Click “Add Heidi @ Social Growth Factory to contacts”
- Click back on the 3 vertical dots menu on the top right
- Click “Filter messages like this”
- Click “Create filter”
- Check “Never mark it as spam” and “Always mark it as important”
- Click “Create filter”
If you’re not receiving email you are expecting, there are two things you can do:
- Use the “Not Spam” button in your Bulk folder.
- Create a filter to automatically send email from certain Domains to your Inbox. This is the only way to really ensure delivery.
Report as “Not Spam”
- Check your Yahoo! Bulk folder
- If you see the email from Heidi @ Social Growth Factory, open our email and click or tap the “Not Spam” button on the toolbar.
- This does not guarantee that your mail will be delivered in the future, but it does help.
Create a Filter To Ensure Delivery
- Move your mouse over or tap the “Gear” icon in the top right navigation bar.
- Select “Settings” from the list that drops down.
- Choose “Filters” located on the left side of the page.
- Click the “Add” button on the Filters page.
- Create a name such as “Whitelist” in the “Filter name” field.
- In the “From” field leave the default “contains” selected.
- Enter our email address [email protected] in the text box next to “Contains…”
- Choose the destination folder to which you would like the message delivered. For example: Inbox.
- Click or tap “Save…”
- You will see in the next screen -Deliver to “Inbox” if from contains “Heidi @ Social Growth Factory“-
- Click or tap “Save” on this screen.
- You will be returned to your Yahoo! Inbox.
Outlook / Hotmail
Previously “Hotmail”, “Live”, “Windows Live” and “MSN”…
In the new Outlook.com you must click the “Wait it’s safe” link if you find emails mis-identified as spam.
Entering the email contact in the address book or contacts no longer whitelists the sender.
To ensure messages from specific email addresses are not sent to your Junk Email folder, you can do one of two things:
- Check the “Junk” folder if you do not see the Social Growth Factory email in your Inbox:
- Open the email from Heidi @ Social Growth Factory…
- Click the “Wait it’s safe” link
Mark Sender as “Wait it’s safe!
Manually Add to Safe List
- Click gear icon on the top right.
- Select “Options” in the drop-down list.
- On the Options page under “Preventing junk email” click “Safe and blocked senders”
- Click the link “Safe senders” on the next page.
- Enter the email address [email protected] in the text box.
- Click “Add to list”
- Heidi @ Social Growth Factory will now be added to your list of “Safe senders”
- Emails added to your “Safe senders” will not be delivered by mistake to your “Junk” folder.